Biography

BBruno Variniruno Varini was born on January 19th, 1946, in S. Possidonio-Mirandola, Modena, Italy. After graduating at the Technical School, he worked as Mechanic, tourist operator etc. In 1979 he left Italy for London to attend the Chelsea School of Art live model portraying course, working occasionally to support himself. Then he moved to the north of Brasil where he concentrated on the pastel on paper technique. In 1983 he settled down in the umbrian hills in Gubbio, living in closest contact with nature and its folks. From 1987 to 1989 he specializes in pictorial restoration of paintings on canvas and wood at the School of Restoration at Palazzo Niccolini-Spinelli, Florence. Since 1987 he exposes his works mainly in personal exhibitions at Milan, Galleria Treves, the Milan Museum, and is in list for the Premio Italia of Graphic Section of visible Arts Beato Angelico, in Florence 1989. In Italy he furthermore exposes in Gubbio, Assisi, Spoleto, Rome, Ferrara, Modena, Milano, Ostuni (Br). Contemporaneously he accomplishes various restorations of canvas, wooden, and plaster sculptures. In 2005 he restores the Madonna del Carmine, dated back to the first half of 19th century and created by F. Peratoner-Ortisei, a wooden sculpture hosted at the cimetery of Ostuni. In 2006 he creates the wallpaintings within the ‘Chiostro delle rose’, owned by the Cicogni family in Gombola (Mo). He holds e personal exhibit of paintings at Palazzo Tanzarella in Ostuni (Br), while restoring on behalf of the Church ‘del Carmine’ the omonimous Madonna, a wooden sculpture dated back to the 17th century, venerated and annually carried in procession. Since 2006 until today he is dedicated to restoration of the paintings and the wooden crucifix dated back to the 18th century and conserved in the Church of Carmine, still continuing his participation in collective exhibitions and personal exhibitions of his paintings.